PLAYER OF THE YEAR AND POINTS
How Points Are Assigned
- Players Cup Points are accumulated during the calendar year.
- A player’s Division for the given year is determined by his/her age as of the first day of January.
- If a player’s birthdate creates eligibility for another Division, the player may compete for a trophy in any event for which his age makes him eligible but may gain points only through the Division in effect as of January 1 for the year. Points accumulated cannot be transferred from one Division to another within the same year.
- Players competing in a Major Championship will earn Open division points based on where they finished in the field as well as earning divisional points based on their age and where they finished in relation to all others in that division. Players competing in Tour events will earn divisional points only, based on the division in which you play.
- Open Division play does not displace Age Division points assignments.
- Points are available for players in USGA Championships and International events with AGA Invitations (i.e. Peru, Mexican Amateur)
- Players Qualifying for USGA events receive points according to the published criteria. AGA is responsible for charting points gained in Arizona qualifiers. Those players qualifying in other locations are responsible to notify the AGA within 30 days of qualifying to receive points. Points are awarded in the year of play.
- In Arizona State Opens, points are determined by the order of finish of the amateurs entered. (All who make the cut in the Arizona Opens earn points.)
- In addition to the four women’s championships, the following women’s events will earn Players Cup points for 2022: Season Opener, Mixed Stix, Scotch Play and Partners Tournaments.
Players Cup Year and Event Awards
With the conclusion of the AGA Year End Players Cup/Tournament of Champions, the Points leaders in each Division will earn Player of the Year title.
Points for AGA Stroke Play Events
(* Points for partner events are split between the two players.)
Points for AGA Match Play Events
|Round of 16||250||100||132|
|Round of 32||150||50||33|
|Round of 64||75||—||—|
Points for USGA Qualifying Rounds and International Invitationals
with AGA Participation
USGA Qualifying Rounds and International Invitational with AGA Participation
(highest point value listed below, not cumulative)
|Qualifiers (for local or regional qualifying)
|Exempt from Qualifying||300|
|US Open Sectional qualifying
|Making Cut/Match Play in USGA Championships||600|
|Top Ten Finish Stroke Play/Quarter Finalist Match Play (total)||850|
|Participation in International / Pacific Coast ||100|
Points for Sanctioned Events
(Points for team events split between players)
|Place||Type I||Type II|