Tee Talk Tuesday with Cody Ransom
Arizona native, Cody Ransom, started his professional baseball career in 1992. Throughout the years Ransom played for the San Francisco Giants, Houston Astros, Philadelphia Phillies, Milwaukee Brewers, San Diego Padres, Chicago Cubs, NY Yankees, Arizona Diamondback and more. When Ransom retired professional baseball, he started the AZ Rattlers which is a youth mentoring program using baseball to better people.
Q & A:
1. When playing professional baseball, what was your favorite area to play golf?
Milwaukee had good courses and San Francisco too, New York was also a good area to play some golf.
2. How long have you been playing baseball and for how many team?
I've played for 11 teams for 18 years.
3. What was your favorite team to play for?
My favorite team... well we won the World Series for the Yankees in 09' so that was probably the highlight of all the teams and I was born and raised in Arizona so playing for the Diamondbacks was fun.
4. Have you been playing baseball or golf longer?
Baseball. I picked up golf in high school and played as a kid with my dad and grandpa who got me started in the sport.
5. What is your favorite club in your bag?
My favorite club is my driver and im working to make my putter not my least favorite.