Job Openings at the AGA
Communications & Digital Marketing Coordinator
The Arizona Golf Association seeks a motivated and highly organized communications/digital expert to manage our rapidly growing and dynamic Communications Department. Interested applicants will have excellent written, verbal, photography, social media and web-design skills. The best candidates will have some golf experience, either playing or following the game. The position includes some working weekends and travel.
The Communications & Digital Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for the day-to-day management, presentation, posting and accuracy of all communication vehicles including but not limited to website, social media networks, apps, newsletters and magazine.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Build a communications plan to deliver the AGA brand via print and digital platforms
- Work with the Marketing Department to create and manage the annual budget
- Manage the AGA website, azgolf.org. Work directly with AGA’s IT contractor to maintain the website, resolve programming issues and coordinate new feature development
- Evaluate azgolf.org homepage and all collateral pages regularly to ensure the website is up to date with current events and topics.
- Analyze web statistics and key metrics to foster a culture of continuous
- Develop and maintain content schedule for website and social media networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube) to leverage the power of social media and effectively build the AGA brand and drive engagement with golfers.
- Collaborate with AGA staff to identify content opportunities and coordinate execution, publishing and promotion Work with staff to produce online videos (both educational and social)
- Maintain the content management system, as well as train staff on how to post content to the website and use CRM tools.
- Participate in editorial planning for the AGA magazine AZGolf Insider. Act as liaison with publisher to meet content deadlines, edit copy and contribute articles when requested
- Provide media and photographic coverage of AGA major tournaments including posting articles and results to social media and the AGA website
- Manage and organize the AGA’s photo library
- Work with staff and marketing/sponsorship department to produce monthly e-newsletters and dedicated eblasts for advertisers/sponsors
- Design and create promotional material for the association as requested (tournament signage, promotional materials, brochures, etc)
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate is a solutions-oriented self-starter who can keep the Association’s goals and mission in mind when making decisions.
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills
- Strong working knowledge of content management systems (CRM) Experience and proficiency in search engine optimization
- Experience in HTML and email distribution programs (i.e., Constant Contact, Mail Chimp)
- Proven editing and writing experience
- Ability to multi-task and meet ongoing deadline
- Experience in the Adobe Suite of Programs
- Experience creating and editing video Proficient experience using a DSLR Camera
Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, 401(k), Pension Plan, PTO
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience: Marketing: 3 years, Digital Marketing: 3 years, Communications: 3 years
Required education: Bachelor's
To apply, send resume and cover letter to Lorraine Thies- email@example.com