USGA Handicap System
The purpose of the USGA Handicap System is to make the game of golf more enjoyable by enabling players of differing abilities to compete on an equitable basis. While the USGA developed the rules of the Handicap System and the formulas used in its calculation, it does not issue them directly to individual golfers. The USGA grants a license to utilize its system – either through an authorized golf association or an independent golf club. If a golf club or authorized golf association does not follow ALL of the procedures of the USGA Handicap System, it is not permitted to use ANY part of the System or to refer to any handicap that it issues or certifies as a “Handicap Index,” or as a handicap authorized by the USGA.
The Arizona Golf Association is authorized by the USGA to license its member clubs.
AGA Services to Member Clubs
- State of the art GHIN handicap calculation program that automatically updates Handicap Indexes at each revision period established by the AGA
- A computer workstation at each of the member club golf facilities in the state in order to facilitate the posting of scores for all golfers
- A label printer so members can print a current handicap sticker at any location
- An online central database that allows all members to view scoring records and post scores at any member golf course
- Access to the International Golf Network (IGN), an organization that allows the transfer of scores among member golf associations throughout the country
- Ability to post scores online and perform peer review of other golfers either via the AGA’s website
AGA Services to Club Administrators
- Easy to use administrative program that allows club administrators to add and edit member information which is accessible from any computer that has an Internet Connection
- A tournament program, USGA Tournament Management (USGA TM) powered by Golf Genius, to assist clubs in the administration of regular play-days as well as Invitationals and Major Championships
- Workshops on the application of the USGA Handicap and Course Rating Systems
- Certification seminars which are required for a club to maintain its license
- A Handicap Chairmen’s Kit filled with useful information that can assist in the management of a club including sample policies and letters, posters etc
- Assistance in determining the hole by hole stroke allocations that should be used in club events
- Telephone assistance on any aspect of the system from general questions about the requirements of the USGA program to assistance with specific individual situations that occur in the club
Nationwide is proud to offer you an exclusive, AGA Members-Only discount on your auto insurance. Plus, they could offer up to 20% savings when you bundle your home and auto insurance.
Epic Golf Club
A premier professional membership group for executives who love golf. If you are a member at a private golf club and believe that you can forge lasting personal and professional relationships through the game, then Epic Golf is what you’ve been missing.