About the Program
This is a program designed to introduce women golfers to the game or help people who haven’t played for some time to get back in the game. Key relationships are established between the women who play regularly at a specific golf course and the PGA or LPGA Professional at that same course to help these women stay with the game. Since 2006 the program has graduated more than 1,700 students.
Through this relationship, the golf professional and experienced women golfers (Ambassadors) work together to create an environment where women, with little or no experience, can learn everything from how the game is played, to swing and playing basics, to establishing relationships within the golf community that will help them feel comfortable navigating the golf course on their own. The program fee is $220 for all six sessions. If you have golf clubs, please bring them but if you don’t have clubs, equipment will be provided. Bring your excitement and enthusiasm to learn the game.
Golf 101 Includes:
- Minimum of six (6) hours of instruction
- Sessions taught by PGA or LPGA Professionals
- Learn how to chip, putt, pitch, full swing and hit bunker shots
- Ambassador support at each session
- Practice time, on-course instruction and play
- One Year Social Membership includes:
- Newsletters and other publications to keep you informed about the game of golf
- Access to AGA Fun Days, networking events, and seminars
- Friendship and camaraderie with other golfers
- Discounts from AGA partners
- Advice and interpretation of the Rules of Golf