Join the largest golf community in Arizona and gain access to these
- Official USGA Handicap Index
- Technology to track and manage your game
- AGA Social Events for Everyone
- Competitive Tournaments and Championships
- Educational Opportunities
- AZ Golf Insider Magazine, Golf News & Information
- Golf, Travel, Entertainment, and Apparel Discounts
- And so much more!
Why Join the Arizona Golf Association?
Arizona is a golf lover’s paradise. Good weather makes for good times, and with almost 300 days of dry, sunny conditions it’s likely that you’ll find yourself on one of the 300+ courses spread across the state. Whether you’re a lifelong golfer who wants to compete in championships or you’re just getting into the sport or looking to socialize, the Arizona Golf Association has something for you.
Current Member Deals
It’s summertime and that means Arizona Diamondback Baseball. As an AGA member you can enjoy special offers all summer on a variety of locations at Chase Field for you, friends and family.
When you travel do you want the best protection for your clubs? Well the Defender travel bag by Caddy Daddy will provide you with a piece of mind that your clubs will make it to your destination safely. With 1800D all-weather fabric and internal and external compression strap your clubs will be safe and secure in these travel bags. AGA members receive 20% off this great product – just use the code AZ20 when checking out.
AGA members receive 20% off the AGA collection of the best-selling styles from Imperial. With their expert craftsmanship you will feel and look great no matter what golf course you play or adventure you go on this year.
Would you like to improve your golf game this year? How about if you can do it in 30 days or less? Well, Lagshot, the #1 swing trainer in golf can help you on your journey to better golf. And as an AGA member you receive 15% off site wide with your code AGA15. So start the journey to better golf today.
Traveling this summer? As an AGA member, you can do this without worrying about your golf bag or luggage by taking advantage of your 20% offer from Ship Sticks. So whether you are flying domestically or internationally, enjoy your special offer from Ship Sticks.
AGA members receive 20% off on any Greens & Yardage Book throughout the year. Click the image above to take advantage of this special member benefit today.
SParms is proud to be the official sun protection apparel of the AGA. AGA members will enjoy 20% of all regularly priced SParms products with code AGA20.
Receive one free extra night when you book your stay from May 15 to September 30, 2023. Plus, ask about “2 For 1 Specials” out on the golf course with the beverage cart.
2023 Sponsors Offering Special Discounts
Kurt Watkins Leads After First Round of the AGA Championship
Watkins’ -7 (65) leads 144-player field by a shot Aguila Golf Course
by Alex Gelman
USGA PJ Boatwright Jr. Communications Intern
The weather and conditions were superb as 144 players this morning and afternoon teed it up at Aguila Golf Course for the start of the AGA Championship – the association’s first major championship of the season. Kurt Watkins fired a 7-under (65) to lead the field through 18 holes. Watkins was 9-under through 16 holes with five birdies and two eagles, until making his first blemish on 17, a double bogey.
Just one shot back of the lead, tied for second, is 2021 AGA Player of the Year Sean O’Donnell, 6-under. O’Donnell birdied three of the last five holes to finish his round. 2018 and 2019 AGA Player of the Year, Adam Walicki, also shot 6-under in the opening round.
Shankar Natarajan, winner of the AZ Short Course at Augusta Ranch last month, is currently alone in fifth place, 3-under (69).
“The energy was really high – the players have been looking forward to the first major championship for a few months now,” said Logan Rasmussen, AGA Director of Rules and Competition. “The golf course is in incredible shape and there are a lot of different options for course set up (tees, hole locations) which keeps it fresh and interesting.
“This is the first time the event has been played over four days. Having that variety of hole locations and an ability to challenge the players is what makes this event so great.”
The field will be cut to the top 60 players and ties after Friday’s second round. Those left will battle it out over the weekend for the coveted Kachina trophy.
The second round begins Friday morning at 7:00a.m. For the full leaderboard, CLICK HERE. For second round tee times, CLICK HERE.
Member Benefits: Travel with the AGA to TPC Danzante Bay in 2022
If you liked the Mayan Palace Member trip then you’re going to love the latest AGA Golf Experience!
The latest AGA Golf Experience has you headed to play rounds at the scenic TPC Danzante Bay Golf Resort while you stay beachfront at the Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa in Loretto Bay, Mexico January 23 – January 27, 2022.
Registration includes four nights lodging at the Villa del Palmar at The Islands of Loreto, three rounds of golf at TPC Danzante Bay with cart and range privileges, daily golf contests and prizes, the all-inclusive meal plan, one Danzante upgrade per person, airport transfers, and all taxes and fees. Options also include with or without airfare.
For more details on the trip click here: https://www.azgolf.org/travel/
RELATED: WATCH TPC Danzante Bay Preview
See Memories from our previous Mayan Palace member weekend below:
AGA Member Appreciation
Who doesn’t like to win prizes?
As a way of saying “thank you” to our members who renewed between October 3 and December 31, 2022, the AGA staff conducted drawings for prizes each week.
Members joining prior to a drawing were entered to win that week’s prizes. The earlier a member renewed, the more chances they had to win.
Weekly prizes ranged in value from $25 to $250 each. Prizes included gift cards to retailers like Van’s Golf Shops, PGA TOUR Superstore, 2nd Swing, and WYLD1 Apparel. We also away gift cards to restaurants like STK Steakhouse. For the traveler, we had Caddy Daddy Golf Club Travel Bags. For those that wanted an upgrade to their equipment, we gave away PING Anser Putters, Bushnell Golf Wingman Speakers, and OnCore Golf Balls. We also gave away GOLFTECSwing Evaluations and the Lag Shot Training 7 Iron and rounds of golf on the AGA with a Thompson Golf Group Gift Card.
Drawings occurred Mondays starting on October 10 with the final drawing on Tuesday, January 3, 2023. Winners were notified prior to the public announcement each Friday.
October 10, 2022
|2nd Swing Gift Card||Michael Workman||Just 4 Fun Golf|
|Caddy Daddy – Constrictor II Travel Bag||Judy Grow||Mountainview/Preserve Women|
|WYLD 1 Gift Card||Steve Medeiros||San Pedro Men and Women’s GC|
|Lag Shot Training 7 Iron||Cathy Casillega||Canoa Ranch Women
|PGA TOUR Superstore Gift Card||David Braun ||USGA/Arizona GC|
|OnCore Elixr Golf Balls||Don Tapley||Ancala Country Club|
|Wingman Speaker||Jan Biddle|
Coyote Run [email protected] World
October 17, 2022
|Caddy Daddy – Constrictor II Travel Bag||Dea Christian||Gold Canyon Golf Club Women|
|Van’s Gift Card||Debbie Mielke||Mountainview/Preserve Women|
|Lag Shot Training 7 Iron||Guy Vallangeon||Mission Royale Men’s Golf Assn|
|Wingman Speaker||Nancy Will||Heron Lakes Women’s 18-Hole Golf Club
|PGA TOUR Superstore Gift Card||Kathy Jones||USGA/Arizona GC
|OnCore Elixr Golf Balls||Shelley Grindling||USGA/Arizona GC|
|Thompson Group Gift Card||John Grifin||Talking Stick Golf Club
|STK Gift Card||Ann Dixon|
Quail Creek CC LGA 9’Ers
|WYLD 1 Gift Card||Mike Harrington ||Pebblecreek Men’s Club
|PING Putter||Ginny Hall||Elephant Rocks Women’s Club
October 24, 2022
|Caddy Daddy – Constrictor II Travel Bag||Debbie Ogle||Mountainview/Preserve Women|
|STK Gift Card||Sandra Godfrey||Coyote Run [email protected] World
|WYLD 1 Gift Card||Erin Adams||Ladies Grand Niners|
|Vans Gift Card||David Sproull||Ironwood Golf Club|
|Wingman Speaker||Cheri Curtin||Oakwood CC WGA
|GOLFTEC Swing Evaluation||Jay Laramy||Mission Royale Men’s Golf Assn
|PING Putter||Gary Jones|| Sun City Grand Men’s Club
|Lag Shot Training 7-iron||Christine Lecoutre||Cottonwood CC WGA
October 31, 2022
|Lag Shot Training 7 Iron||Troy Morrow|| Oakwood GC MOGA
|2nd Swing Gift Card||John Gravier||Silverbell Golf Club|
|Thompson Group Gift Card||Holly Berquam||Sun City CC Women|
|PING Putter||AJ Leane||The Views Golf Club
|Wingman Speaker||Jill Pilling||Del Lago Women’s Golf Assoc
|OnCore Elixr Golf Balls||Vicki Colacicco||Kingman Ladies Golf Assoc.
|Caddy Daddy – Constrictor II Travel Bag||Sara Hartzler||Aspen Valley Golf Club|
|GOLFTEC Swing Evaluation||Barabara Earling||The Quails|
|STK Gift Card||Caleb Turbett||Ancala Country Club
|WYLD 1 Gift Card||Michael Holmes||Ancala Country Club
|Van’s Gift Card||Kevin Kolbus||AZ eClub- Central
November 7, 2022
|2nd Swing Gift Card||Heidi Monahan||Pebblecreek LGA
|PGA TOUR Superstore Gift Card||Rita Ankerstein||Arizona Traditions Women|
|OnCore Elixr Golf Balls||Allan Clark||Trilogy Golf Club at Vistancia|
|Vans Gift Card||Becky Sargeant||Sunbird Womens 18|
|PING Putter||Katy Denney||Grand Ladies Golf Association
|Caddy Daddy – Constrictor II Travel Bag||Elaine Creighton||Coyote Run [email protected] World
|Wingman Speaker||Theresa Kaizer||Mountainview/Preserve Women
|Lag Shot Training 7-iron||Suzanne Dillree||Grand Ladies Golf Association
|WYLD 1 Gift Card||Robert Finocchiaro||Oakwood GC MOGA
November 14, 2022
|2nd Swing Gift Card||Deb Smith||Sun City Lakes West Women|
|PGA TOUR Superstore Gift Card||Carol Harris||Desert Forest WGA
|Thompson Group Gift Card||Bruce Pape||Dobson Ranch Golf Club|
|Van’s Gift Card||Brent Landen||TPA Club
|Wingman Speaker||Paul Parker||El Conquistador CC|
|GOLFTEC Swing Evaluation||Kitty Murphy||Sun City Lakes West Women
|PING Putter||Jeff Furnia||Pebblecreek Men’s Club
|Caddy Daddy – Constrictor II Travel Bag||Ainsley Snyder||Arizona Collegiate|
|WYLD 1 Gift Card||Jake Lieberman||AZ Under30 Club
November 21, 2022
|2nd Swing Gift Card||James Cain||Tucson National Golf Club
|PGA TOUR Superstore Gift Card||Larry Reitz||The Views Golf Club
|OnCore Elixr Golf Balls||Robert Heaps||Mountainview-Preserve
|STK Gift Card||Paul Dart||Trilogy Golf Club at Vistancia
|Lag Shot Training 7-iron||Stephen Tyrrell||Gold Canyon Golf Club-AGA
|GOLFTEC Swing Evaluation||Andrea Gray||Mountainview/Preserve Women
|PING Putter||David Roberts||Sun City West-Grandview|
|Caddy Daddy – Constrictor II Travel Bag||Cory Coronado||AZ eClub- Central
|Thompson Group Gift Card||Mike Guilfoy|| Tucson National Golf Club
November 28, 2022
|2nd Swing Gift Card||Larry Bell||Sundance Men’s Golf Club-AGA
|Caddy Daddy – Constrictor II Travel Bag||Bryon Gibbs||Wickenburg Country Club
|PGA TOUR Superstore Gift Card||Ed Tisdale||Sun City Festival Men’s Golf Club
|Thompson Group Gift Card||Lois Foerster||Ironwood Golf Club WGA
|STK Gift Card||James Lee III||West Valley Men’s Club
|WYLD 1 Gift Card||Robert Marshall||Quail Creek CC Men’s 18-Hole
|PING Putter||Randy Lambert||Sun City Festival Men’s Golf Club
|Wingman Speaker||Sue Feland||AZ eClub- Central
|Lag Shot Training 7-iron||Stephen Waters||18 on Saturday
December 5, 2022
|2nd Swing Gift Card||Charles Wagner||Twin Buttes Golf Club|
|Caddy Daddy – Constrictor II Travel Bag||Britt Rosane||Mission Royale Men’s Golf Assn|
|Wingman Speaker||Kyle Marion||AZ Under30|
|OnCore Elixr Golf Balls||Brandon Hill||Papago Men’s Golf Association|
|WYLD 1 Gift Card||Tara Bateman||Papago WGA|
December 12, 2022
|2nd Swing Gift Card||Mike Verini||Blackstone Country Club M18
|PGA TOUR Superstore Gift Card||Al Storey||Saddlebrooke Men’s Golf Association (SMGA)|
|Thompson Group Gift Card||James Calvin||Mission Royale Men’s Golf Assn
|STK Gift Card||Stuart Wolff||Randolph Men’s Club|
|Van’s Gift Card||John Francis||Forty-Niner G & CC
|PING Putter||Emilio Montes||Twin Buttes Golf Club
|WYLD 1 Gift Card||Todd Bourquin||AZ Outlaws Men’s Golf Club|
|Caddy Daddy – Constrictor II Travel Bag||Steven Steinhibe||Cottonwood Country Club|
|PGA TOUR Superstore Gift Card||Fred Young||Los Lagos Golf Club|
|WYLD 1 Gift Card||Gerald Hiller||AZ e-Club|
|PING Putter||Charles Spadafore||Sun City Grand Men’s Club|
|Van’s Gift Card||Kenny Williams||Colorado River Golf Club|
|GOLFTEC Swing Evaluation||Kim Anderson||AZ e-Club|
December 26, 2022
|STK Gift Card||Beverly Wilson||Sunbird Womens 9
|WYLD 1 Gift Card||Connie Geurkink||Sunbird Womens 9
|Wingman Speaker||Gene Carl||Maryvale Men’s Club
|PING Putter||Austin Petroff||Bear Creek Men’s Golf Club|
|2nd Swing Gift Card||Anthony Luna||AZ eClub- Central
|Lag Shot Training 7-iron||Mike Collison ||Del Lago Golf Club
January 2, 2023
|Caddy Daddy – Constrictor II Travel Bag||Derry Macfarlan||Westbrook Village Golf Club|
|Thompson Group Gift Card||Brent Fullmer||Aps Golf Club|
|WYLD 1 Gift Card||Dena Robinson||Arizona Sunset GA Women|
|GOLFTEC Swing Evaluation||Joey Hochevar||Valley Golfers Association|
|PING Putter||Rick Kretsch||Copper Canyon GC|
|Wingman Speaker||David Evans||Camelback GC|
Check back each week to see a list of prizes and winners.
Membership Frequently Asked Questions
How do I join the AGA and get my Handicap Index?
There are three ways to join the AGA and all include a USGA WHS Handicap Index:
- Golf Club Member – Become a member of any AGA member club. From private, green-grass facilities to online-only clubs, you can find a club that matches your availability and style in our Club Directory. Once you find a club that meets your needs on the list:
- If the club allows you to join online, a blue “Join” button will appear to the right of the club’s name in the Club Directory. Simply click on that button and enter your contact information. If you already have a GHIN number, be sure to use the same number every time you join a club.
- If the club does not allow you to join online, call the club’s phone number to join instead.
- Join AZ Golf Club – the AGA’s online club is perfect for those who don’t want to play regularly with the same league. Join AZ Golf Club Now!
- Start your own club – Do things your way…check out how easy it is to start your own club today!
Do I have to join a golf club to join the AGA?
Yes, to maintain a valid USGA Handicap Index, you must be a member of a certified USGA golf club. But don’t worry! We make the process easy and there are several options including the AGA’s online golf club, the AZ Golf Club. Use our Club Directory to find the club that is right for you or join our online club, AZ Golf Club today!
What benefits do I get with my Arizona Golf Association membership?
- USGA Handicap Index – The Arizona Golf Association is the only Arizona-based allied golf association of the USGA authorized to provide golfers with an official USGA Handicap Index, which summarizes a player’s skill level and evens the playing field for golfers of all abilities.
- Course/Slope Ratings – The AGA is licensed and authorized by the USGA to perform and maintain Course/Slope Ratings at all AGA Member Facilities every 10 years or when significant changes have occurred prior to that 10 year mark.
- Score Posting Kiosks – Score posting kiosks are available at facilities that choose to offer one for their members. These score posting computers are maintained by AGA staff to ensure seamless operation and use.
- Exclusive Member Offers – AGA members can save hundreds by taking advantage of exclusive offers for local golf through the AGA Member Advantage Program, travel destinations, apparel, equipment, event tickets and more. Member offers change monthly and are promoted on the azgolf.org website as well as through email communications.
- Playing Opportunities – AGA members of all skill levels, genders, and ages can take advantage of formal and informal playing opportunities at beautiful Arizona public and private facilities by participating in events from individual gross championships and team net events to AGA Scramble Days and Just For Fun Days.
- Member Communications – AGA members stay connected to golf in Arizona through a complimentary subscription to Arizona Golf Insider Magazine in both the print and digital editions, a customized access to azgolf.org and AGA Mobile App, a monthly digital newsletter, bi-monthly Handicap Revision newsletters, and partner offers.
- Private Club Access – AGA members have the opportunity to play select private facilities in both formal and informal settings through championships and tournaments as well as programs like the Senior Cup Series, AGA Scramble Days, and AGA Just for Fun Days. Check out our Event Directory.
- Educational Events – As an allied golf association of the USGA, the AGA is your local resource for Rules of Golf, USGA Handicap System and Course Rating information. Each year the AGA conducts several seminars throughout the state, all of which are free to attend (fee for lunch may apply). You can find education seminars in the Learn tab on our website at azgolf.org.
- Golf Travel Experiences – Each year, the AGA takes groups of members to premier destinations around the world and domestically. The AGA will also provide a resource for golf travel destinations on our website starting in the fall of 2021. Visit our Travel page to learn more about upcoming trips.
- Unique Members Only Contests & Surveys – Each month the AGA conducts a survey in the newsletter with a chance for members to win prizes. Additionally, there is a member appreciation event October 1 – December 31 with a minimum of 10 prizes drawn each week.
Should I use the same GHIN number if I am moving from another state/club?
Yes. You should use the same GHIN number in all participating states and with all clubs. This ensures that your Handicap Index is accurate and includes your full scoring history.
What is the difference between Regular Club Membership and AZ Golf Club Membership?
Each option provides you with full AGA member benefits, including a USGA Handicap Index.
- Regular Club Membership means that you are joining an AGA licensed club and you have full access to that club’s events, tournaments and championships.
- If you don’t consistently play at one course or just want to track your Handicap, join the AGA’s online club, the AZ Golf Club, to get your Official Handicap Index and other AGA member benefits. The AZ Golf Club membership is valid a full year and will renew 365 days from purchase.
How long is my membership valid?
- Calendar Year Clubs – If your club’s membership is based on a calendar year, new memberships will either be valid from the day you join until December 31 or if you join after September 30, your memberships will be valid through the end of the following December. This can be a maximum of 15 months.
- Revolving Clubs – If your club’s membership is based on a revolving year, your membership is valid for 365 days from the day you join.
You can login to your Dashboard on our website at azgolf.org to see when your membership(s) will expire.
How does someone change clubs?
- You can join any club you desire as long as you meet the criteria set for that particular club.
- If you wish to change clubs at the end of the club’s year, simply let your current membership lapse or if auto-renewal is active, turn it off by logging in to your Dashboard at azgolf.org. It is also recommended to let your current club administrator know that you will not be returning.
- If you want to change clubs, partway through the year, you will need to join the new club, paying its membership dues. You may apply for a multi-member rebate on our website in the Products & Services tab. This applies to multiple full year dues only.
- To join a different club, follow the same procedure as outlined above in the section labeled “How do I join the AGA and get my Handicap Index?”
Do I have to play with my club?
Your level of participation with your club is entirely up to you, as long as you meet your club’s minimum requirements. The AGA encourages golfers to engage with their club because they are fun, social and are an essential part of our golf community. While your club may offer regular events, you can play and post your score at any golf course with any group of people you choose.
How do I change my home club designation for handicap purposes if I am a member of more than one club?
In general, this is not important. If you are a member of more than one club and you want to change your home club designation, please contact your club administrator or the AGA. Home club designation is to ensure your Handicap Index is managed in accordance with the Rules of Handicapping and does not change your membership status in any club.
Am I a USGA member when I join the AGA and vice versa?
No. Your AGA membership includes a USGA Handicap Index. It is not a membership to the USGA. Conversely, if you join the USGA Members Program, this does not include a USGA Handicap Index. USGA Membership is a philanthropic donation to the USGA. To establish a Handicap Index, you must become affiliated with a golf club.
Why is there an increase in membership dues in 2022?
- AGA has not raised dues since2009, while the number of members has significantly increased.
- Administrative support of more than 90,000 memberships and 620 clubs requires a full-time, friendly, qualified, and knowledgeable staff to be available throughout the year to answer your questions and meet your needs.
- During the season, October 1 – April 30, AGA staff respond to an average of 700 inquiries a day from members and member clubs.
- Additional programs are required to meet the growing demand for participation at all levels of the game.
- Technology advances to the AGA website, mobile app and state-of-the-art billing system are constantly being developed to make our products more efficient and provide the best possible user experience.
- Tournament software is included with your membership and available with no additional charge to the clubs.
- New events for both men and women, competitive and social, are constantly being added to our schedule to increase engagement among members and potential members.
- Expanded travel program to meet member desires to experience golf in cultures across the United States and around the world.
- As a leader in the industry, the AGA is well positioned to advocate for community organizations and non-profits that make a significant impact in our community through the game of golf through Outreach programs and financial support from the Arizona Golf Foundation.
Why is there an extra $5 discount for people paying individually through Online Join & Renew?
The AGA’s standard membership fee for 2022 is $45. As we have done in previous years, we are again offering a $5 discount to those that renew early between October 1 and December 31, 2021 (Does not apply to revolving year clubs). There is an additional $5 discount offered to those paying through Online Join & Renew because each individual updates and verifies their contact and mailing information in the process. This helps us keep our database up to date and saves us money in the long run. The AGA member benefits include a subscription to AZ Golf Insider Magazine which is mailed through the post office four times per year and requires a current address.
I already paid my GHIN fee in another state. Do I have to pay a second time?
Yes, you do need to join a club in Arizona to receive benefits from the Arizona Golf Association and be eligible to play in Arizona events.
I already joined an Arizona club, but want to join an additional club. Do I need to pay association dues again?
You are required to pay AGA association dues at each club to which you belong. These dues help cover the cost of course rating, kiosks at the club, AGA club support and more. However, you are eligible for a rebate making the association portion of your fees for additional clubs just $15. To apply for a rebate, click here.
- Note, if all of your clubs offer membership through Online Join & Renew, your multi-member discount will be automatically deducted at checkout.