The Build-A-Team program provides the Association with an opportunity to powerfully and positively impact participation in golf as a team sport by girls in Arizona high schools. By creating the opportunity for girls to learn the game from PGA/LPGA Professionals as well as supporting the work of dedicated coaches financially and emotionally, we will encourage the long-term support from the community, while creating new golfers.
- A year-round program, the Build-A-Team program serves a minimum of eight schools state-wide each year.
- Schools are selected through an application and interview process – and must have the support from school administrators.
- Each team in the program includes five to eight young women of all abilities, including some youth of color.
- 75 percent of the funds provided to the teams are used for golf instruction taught by PGA/LPGA Professionals. The balance of the funds are used for equipment and uniforms.
- Since the program inception, 25 high schools have established teams and introduced more than 300 female student-athletes to the game.
AWGA Foundation Build-A-Team Grant Application
Arizona Golf Association (AGA) and the Arizona Women’s Golf Association Foundation (AWGA) have partnered together to once again offer the High School Build- A-Team (BAT) Program in 2021.
The BAT program was founded in 2012 when the AWGA Board of Directors made a commitment to expand their support of junior girls in golf. Now that the AWGA has partnered with the Arizona Golf Association (AGA), we are pleased to offer the program to interested high schools in Arizona, including girls’ teams, co-ed teams, and unified teams.
The program is funded through raffles, individual and club donations, grants, and other fundraising efforts. Grants of up to $2,500 are made available to high school golf teams in Arizona. Grants are approved by the AWGA Foundation Board and awarded based on need, qualifications, a completed application and availability of funds.
Check out GOLFFOREVER‘s easy-to-follow workouts and routines that are customized daily to your goals, physical needs and available time. Anyone – regardless of age or fitness level – can use it to gain flexibility, strength, distance and consistency.