The Build-A-Team program provides the Association with an opportunity to powerfully and positively impact participation in golf as a team sport by girls in Arizona high schools. By creating the opportunity for girls to learn the game from PGA/LPGA Professionals as well as supporting the work of dedicated coaches financially and emotionally, we will encourage the long-term support from the community, while creating new golfers.
- A year-round program, the Build-A-Team program serves approximately 20 schools state-wide each year.
- Schools are selected through an application process – and must have the support from school administrators.
- Each team in the program includes four to fifteen young women of all abilities, including some youth of color.
- 50 percent of the funds provided to the teams are used for golf instruction taught by PGA/LPGA Professionals. The balance of the funds is used for equipment and uniforms.
- Since the program inception, more than 30 high schools have established teams and introduced more than 350 female student-athletes to the game.
AWGA Foundation Build-A-Team Grant Application
Arizona Golf Association (AGA) and the Junior Golf Association of Arizona (JGAA) have partnered together to offer the AWGA Legacy High School Build- A-Team (BAT) Grant Program. The BAT program was founded in 2012 when the AWGA Board of Directors made a commitment to expand their support of junior girls in golf. Now that the AWGA has dissolved and donated their remaining resources to the JGAA, their legacy and passion, for expanding opportunities for all girls and women who want to play, will live on through programs like the High School Build A Team program.
Grants of up to $2,500 are made available to high school golf teams in Arizona. Grants are approved by the JGAA Foundation Board and awarded based on need, qualifications, a completed application and availability of funds.
Team Resources & Forms
Golf Professional Forms
- All PGA and LPGA Golf Professionals will need to submit a new W9 in 2022 because a new organization has taken over the disbursements of the grant funds.
- Invoices cannot be paid until a W9 has been received.
- In order for PGA and LPGA Professionals to be paid for lessons provided and billed to the High School Build A Team Grant Program, an itemized invoice must be submitted along with a completed lesson log detailing the names of the students present for each lesson.
- Please submit only one invoice per month or at the completion of the season.