The Build-A-Team program was created by the Arizona Women’s Golf Association in 2012 to help high schools throughout Arizona develop enthusiastic girls’ golf teams.
The program utilizes Association resources to connect school programs with the instruction and equipment they need to be successful.
The Build-A-Team program provides the Association with an opportunity to powerfully and positively impact participation in golf as a team sport by girls in Arizona high schools. By creating the opportunity for girls to learn the game from PGA/LPGA Professionals as well as supporting the work of dedicated coaches financially and emotionally, we will encourage the long-term support from the community, while creating new golfers.
- A year-round program, the Build-A-Team program serves a minimum of eight schools state-wide each year.
- Schools are selected through an application and interview process – and must have the support from school administrators.
- Each team in the program includes five to eight young women of all abilities, including some youth of color.
- 75 percent of the funds provided to the teams are used for golf instruction taught by PGA/LPGA Professionals. The balance of the funds are used for equipment and uniforms.
- Since the program inception, 25 high schools have established teams and introduced more than 300 female student-athletes to the game.
2020 Troon Card
For more than two decades, the Troon Card program has allowed golfers to experience the World of Troon. Troon Cards, available as TwoSome or FourSome Cards, are the absolute best way to play Troon’s top courses at the lowest rates.