2019 Billing Policy & Membership Dues
Dues for 2019 will remain the same. However, as Betty’s information memo outlined, 9-hole member clubs are now being turned into 18-hole clubs. Dues for all clubs will be $35.00 for 2019. A revolving year means that members that join any time during the year get their full value. If they join August 1, 2019 their membership would be good until July 31, 2020. The discounts below apply to calendar year clubs only.
|Oct. 1 to Dec. 31, 2018||$30.00||$35.00|
|Jan. 1 to Jun. 30, 2019||$35.00||$35.00|
|Jul. 1 to Sept. 30, 2019||$20.00||$35.00|
Clubs will be billed on the January Billing for members on their active roster on January 1.
As in past years, clubs will be able to add start cleaning up their rosters beginning in October. Anyone added from October through December 31 will be charged for 2019 dues. If dues are paid before the end of the year, they will be charged $30.00. You will be billed $35.00 for any active, unpaid members on your roster as of January 1, 12:01 am EST.
Our billing program makes it easy to set up your membership so you do not get charged for any unpaid members. The process is managed through Golf Nations and NOT the GHIN program. Just turn the Rollover Option to “off” in the billing program and the member will automatically be inactivated if payment has not been received.
Every year we have issues with clubs that forget to clean up their rosters. What clubs fail to realize is that we incur hard costs for those members in the first few weeks of the year.
We have tried to be very generous with our refund policy. If you have not chosen to turn on the rollover feature and you have unpaid members as of January 1, 2019, they will show up in the Unbilled Sections of your transactions. You will have the entire month of January to inactivate those members in GHIN or Golf Nations without being charged.
On January 31, you will be charged for those members. At that point, the following refund policy is automatically applied as follows:
- If you deactivate a member within the current billing cycle, you will receive a full refund. (February 1 – February 28)
- If you deactivate a member next billing cycle, you will receive a 50% refund. (March 1 – March 31)
- If you deactivate a member any time after that second billing cycle, there will be NO refund. (any time after March 1)
Since we’re doing monthly billing, your club should have ample time to review the invoice for payment. We would recommend you include your membership chairman in the list of individuals to receive a copy of the invoice and encourage them to review it.
Are You Tired of Chasing After Your Members?
Then take advantage of our online join/renew feature that we have offered to clubs for the past several years. Sign up today and allow your members to go to azgolf.org and join your club or renew their membership. It’s quick and easy to do for the member and it makes your job easier. Not only do they pay their dues, but they update their profile information so YOU DON’T HAVE TO!
You can have members pay the AGA only portion of your dues or we’ll collect the entire amount – plus, we can even set up some add-on fees for your club. What other things do you collect when they join? Skins games? President’s Cup? Hole in One Club? Whatever that is, we can collect it for you. You can make it mandatory for all members to join/renew that way or allow them to decide for themselves. Then we’ll settle up with you each month.
And the best part is that we cover your credit card charges!
Many of our clubs are taking advantage of this member benefit and they love it. They don’t have to handle the money and they don’t have to update the member’s contact information. It’s all done for you! You receive an email notification immediately.
The 2019 policy for multi-member rebates is as follows:
- All members are required to pay full AGA member fees to EACH of their Arizona affiliated clubs.
- Clubs are required to pay full member fees for each activated member on their roster at the time of association billing, regardless if the player is also a member of another Arizona affiliated club.
- Only club memberships activated prior to July 1 will be eligible for a rebate. If activate after July 1, there is no rebate available for that payment, as it is already a discounted rate for a partial year.
Members who belong to another club in another state are NOT considered multi-members. Each association has a membership fee that provides various member benefits in addition to a Handicap Index calculation.
How to Apply for the Rebate
- Rebate request may ONLY be submitted by the individual member online mail, between the dates of January 1 – September 31
- The AGA will withhold $15 for each additional Arizona Club Membership for which the member requests a rebate
- If an individual renews multiple clubs that all utilize the online renewal program, the rebate will be handled immediately upon the online renewal of his multiple clubs
Discontinuance of Service
Any club, whose account becomes 90 days past due, may have their service interrupted for non-payment of fees without any further notice. All invoices are due within 30 days.
Please direct any questions about the new billing process or your statements to:
Betty Saltzgiver – AGA Accounting Department
Phone: 602-944-3035 Ext. 206