Junior Golfers Wanted for the Drive, Chip and Putt Championship
The Masters Tournament Foundation, the PGA of America and the United States Golf Association have partnered to create the Drive, Chip and Putt Championship, a free, nationwide junior skills competition, where participants will compete in local and regional qualifiers. Participants will advance through local and regional qualifying to the championship final at Augusta National Golf Club on April 6, 2014, the day before the start of the 2014 Masters Tournament. This is a wonderful opportunity for juniors in your area and we encourage you to pass this information along to parents.
Competitors will be comprised of boys and girls ages 7-15 in four age categories: 7-9 years old, 10-11 years old, 12-13 years old, and 14-15 years old. Participants are limited to registering to only one local qualifier, and the deadline to enter is 5 p.m. EST on April 30, 2013.
Some helpful information:
• Parents/guardians must register their children online at the Drive, Chip and Putt website: www.drivechipandputt.com.
• Participation will be limited. When entries exceed the available spots in any age division, the applicants will be chosen through a random drawing.
• There is no entry fee.
• There are 11 qualifying regions: Georgia, Illinois, Metropolitan New York/New Jersey, Middle Atlantic, New England, Northern Texas, North Florida, Pacific Northwest, Southern California, Southern Texas and Southwest. To view a list of event locations within each region, please click here.
• Participants must be at least 7 years of age on Sunday, April 6, 2014, and may not be older than 15 years of age on Sunday, April 6, 2014.
• From local qualifying, the top two overall point earners in each division from the four age brackets will advance to the regional qualifying level of the competition. Contestants who qualify for a regional competition must compete at the location in which they are assigned. Each local qualifying location is notified of their regional competition site prior to the start of competition.
• The regional qualifier and national championship final are new competitions and will have no carryover from the previous qualifier.
For more information, visit the championship website at www.drivechipandputt.com or email [email protected] with questions.